This holiday season, venture to the Cape for a magical holiday experience. The streets of our quaint villages look as if they were pulled directly from the pages of a storybook with every charming restaurant, shop, art gallery and historic home serving as its characters. Here are our recommendations to help you plan your holiday escape on Cape Cod.
Raise a Toast – Fireside
Enjoy a lovely meal at two of our favorites – the Old Yarmouth Inn, with its 1696 pedigree, excellent fare and entertaining service, or the contemporary, comfortable, and creative Scargo Café (be sure to try the famous grapenut custard!).
For more recommendations, check out our list of the 7 Cape Cod Restaurants You Must Try.
Get a Jump on Holiday Shopping
You’ll find unique gifts for everyone’s holiday wish list at these festively decked shops located just a stone’s throw from The Inn at Yarmouth Port.
- Lemon Tree Village Shops. Unique shopping abounds in this cheery compound of small shops. Pottery, bird houses, gifts, clothing, arts, and crafts, and more. Don’t miss The Cook Shop – fourth generation family-owned and a local favorite – for gourmet food, gadgets, glassware, tableware, and more!
- Lighthouse Keeper’s Pantry. Visit our new neighbor for local, small batch foods – jams, condiments, hot sauces, and the most amazing Bloody Mary mix. All inspired by the life and recipes of a Cape Cod lighthouse keeper.
- Just Picked. Located in the original general store of Captain James Bacon Crocker (who built our beautiful Inn), and the site of the very first Christmas Tree Shop, Just Picked is owned by the original Christmas Tree Shops founders. What a delight! Jewelry, bags, clothing, home décor, and so much more!
- Parnassus Book Service. This third-generation, family-owned bookstore houses a wonderful selection of new, used, and rare books. You’ll love getting lost in this shop!
- Simply Vintage. Simply perfect! Don’t miss this beautifully displayed mix of new retail, vintage, antique and resale home décor, and gift items.
- VIOLA. Acclaimed equestrian artist Frederique Poulain’s studio features exquisite hand painted art, ceramic dinnerware and more!
- The best gift? Make an extra-special gesture with the gift of a getaway to Cape Cod and a stay at The Inn at Yarmouth Port. Our gift certificates may be given in any amount, can be redeemed for any product or service offered at the Inn, and never expire.
Scope Out Holiday Decor
- Stroll through the twinkle light adorned village of Yarmouth Port during the annual Christmas Stroll on December 5th. Enjoy trolley rides, live music, festive fare, and caroling on the Village Green!
- To really get into the holiday spirit, take a drive along Route 6A for a tour of the infamous Sandwich Giants – you will marvel at these 17-foot metal structures covered in lights!
You’ll Find a Warm Welcome at The Inn at Yarmouth Port
With so much happening right outside our door, the upscale, yet casual, Inn at Yarmouth Port exudes a cozy and welcoming vibe and offers easy access to all the stops on your holiday agenda. Just as magical in the winter as it is in the summer, the Inn is rated in the top 10% of hotels worldwide by Trip Advisor in 2021, was awarded the 2021 silver designation for best of Cape Cod B&Bs by Cape Cod Life and rated 2021 Cape Cod B&B of the year by LUXlife Magazine.
We look forward to helping you experience all the magic Cape Cod has to offer this holiday season.